The moment you’ve been waiting for is finally here! The Online Translator Training Program (OTTP) is set to launch on May 15th, 2018.
After a year of hard work on adapting content from our existing onsite class, creating and approving visual design components of our eLearning modules, giving life to the modules with voice narration, testing the modules and multiple rounds of revision – the 40 module program will make its online debut in a few weeks!
The Ontario Trillium Foundation has made it possible to increase access to our unique Translator Training Program by providing funding for the online development in the second year of the grant.
Here are some more details about the online program:
- The course will be completely online through our eLearning platform
- Students will be placed into different cohorts – meaning students will be put into groups that will start the program on set dates
- For now, we have 2 start dates:
- Tuesday May 15th, 2018 (deadline to apply is May 8th)
- Monday June 11th, 2018 (deadline to apply is June 4th)
- Students can complete the modules at their own pace, but are required to complete the modules in 14 weeks and attend webinars:
- A program kick-off webinar on the start dates so students can meet the facilitator and get to know other students in their group
- A closing webinar on the last day (14 weeks later) to provide students with post-completion information
Register to take the skills evaluation for the Online Translator Training Program: https://www.mcislanguages.com/programs-training/translatortraining/translator-training-program-registration-form/