The language skills assessment will complete students’ qualification as a community interpreter, once you have passed the core technical competencies training, either in class or online. The test can also be completed as a standalone component as proof of your language or interpreting skills, as often requested by an employer.
A test can be scheduled with MCIS before, during or after your community interpreter core competencies training session. Results take 4-8 weeks to come back.
You only need to pass one of the available tests to obtain a certificate. If you do not pass a test, a different version of the same test, or a different test altogether, can be scheduled immediately by making another payment, depending on availability. If you wish to attempt the same test, you must wait for 3 months. MCIS is an authorized testing centre for ILSAT and CILISAT exams.
- COST OF EXAM: For each language combination the candidate wishes to be tested for, the cost is:
- $195.00 + HST = $220.35 for ILSAT (Interpreter Language Skills Assessment Tool, developed by Across Languages, London, ON), or
- $215.00 + HST = $242.95 for CILISAT (Community Interpreter Language and Interpreting Skills Assessment Tool, developed by CISOC, Ottawa, ON)
- These prices also apply to test retakes.
- DURATION: Approximately 1.5 hours
Please review our Training Policies before submitting a booking request.
- Do you need help preparing for an interpreter language skills assessment?
- Do you want to find out if you have the skills required to work as an interpreter?
These language-independent workshops are a great way to identify your interpretation strengths and weaknesses. They will also help you identify your level of preparedness for an interpreter language skills assessment. The group session seats 12-16 people, and it includes basic concepts in sight translation and dialogue interpretation, tips on taking the most popular interpreter language skills assessments available in the industry (ILSAT/CILISAT), and personalized feedback on grammar, syntax, vocabulary, and other aspects of the test.
If you wish to book an ILSAT or CILISAT exam, please click here.
- Cost: $40.00 + HST
- Duration: 3 hours
- Format: On-Site at MCIS office in Toronto