Accept Offer: Smartphone Instructions
March 1, 2020: To cut down on emails and text notifications to interpreters, regular jobs that you are eligible for within the area will no longer prompt notifications. Please login to the II portal often to check for jobs that you qualify for and to accept them.
Notifications will still be sent for:
- Rush jobs, to be completed within approximately 24 hours
- Jobs outside your area. You automatically quality for mileage for these jobs and may add mileage when closing these jobs
Job notifications will come by notification email or text message. Or you may receive a call by MCIS staff.
2. Accept Offer
Once you receive the notification, you have two options to accept the job offer:
- Use the “Accept” link in your email to accept the offer. If prompted, login to the portal using existing credentials. You will have to do this with every offer email. Or, if you received a text message or wish to use the portal to see full address details before accepting:
- login to Interpreter Intelligence to accept the offer:
- Navigate to the “Offered” section of the interface.
- Click on the job to see the details.
- The offer will only display:
- Date, Start time and Duration
- Type of Service Required
- Exact job location
- If you are available, click on “Accept“.
- A message on the screen will confirm that MCIS has received your acceptance of the offer. Note the section below on how jobs are now automatically confirmed.
3. Confirmed Jobs
March 1, 2020: Upon accepting a job, you will be confirmed for it automatically by the system within a few minutes. Therefore, if you accept a job, be sure that you are available for it!
You will also receive a confirmation email, which you should read through carefully. Afterwards, the confirmed jobs will appear in your jobs list if you navigate to that date, or use the customer search function.
You may choose to synchronize confirmed jobs using the “Sync” button to add all listed confirmed jobs to your phone’s calendar.
You may also review pre-approved incidentals under the job details once they are confirmed. More on this topic in the section on closing jobs.
4. Returning previously accepted jobs (Denying jobs)
If you need to return a previously accepted and confirmed job (deny a job), call the MCIS IS department immediately at 416-467-3097 x700. If you are unable to reach them by phone, send an email to email@example.com. It is recommended to send a follow-up email regardless. When a job is returned, it is sometimes hard to find a replacement, particularly last minute, and a person may go without service. This is why we kindly ask that you do not return jobs unless it is for reasons beyond your control.
Important Note: Denying confirmed jobs regularly will negatively reflect on your profile with MCIS. Denied jobs are monitored by MCIS and may lead to your profile being deactivated by MCIS if it is recurrent.