As COVID-19 cases continue to rise across the country, MCIS is closely monitoring the situation and actively holding discussions with our service providers regarding safety measures to keep you, our interpreters, safe. Unlike previous lockdowns, many of the healthcare facilities, and social, provincial and federal services continue to operate with additional safety measures in place. It is therefore imperative for MCIS to extend language access to those in need, especially in these unprecedented times.
As we have been doing for the past 8 months, we are encouraging service providers to consider using remote services where possible, and to provide as much information as possible about the nature of the job to share with our interpreters. Please note that service providers must all extend the same protective measures to interpreters that are in place for their own staff.
As an interpreter, please continue to be COVID smart and take the necessary precautions before accepting any in-person jobs:
- Follow public health guidelines;
- Take the online self-assessment before accepting and proceeding to interpretation assignments;
- Only accept jobs that you are available for;
- Pay attention to the type of service requested (in-person or remote) before accepting a job;
- Always carry and wear a mask, and adhere to social distancing protocols;
- Inform MCIS immediately if you have any symptoms or have been exposed to someone suspected of having COVID-19.
If you have any concerns or feedback about a recent in-person job, please let us know by filling out this form.
We also want you to know that if you are no longer comfortable with your confirmed in-person assignment, please inform MCIS ASAP. You will not be penalized for doing so. Just make sure that you give us plenty of notice!
Should any further information arise, MCIS will keep you informed and provide updates as required.
Thank you for your service, continued support and patience during these extraordinary times.
MCIS Language Solutions
FROM THE TRAINING DEPARTMENT
Dear Language Professionals,
With the COVID-19 pandemic upon us, we would like to provide you with an update on the measures MCIS’ Training Department is taking. The health, safety, and well-being of our facilitators and students is our top priority. We are taking all distancing measures possible to help our community #FlattenTheCurve.
We encourage you to use this time to upgrade your skills by taking one of our many online training programs. These flexible training programs are offered to help you build your skills as freelance interpreters and translators, improve your qualifications and will provide you with greater opportunities once the quarantine is lifted.
For more information on our courses and programs, please visit our Training webpage. If you have any questions regarding the courses or training programs, please reach out to our engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be more than happy to answer your questions.
We will be posting our monthly promotions on this page, so please check in every month to see what promotions we’re offering.
Just a reminder: MCIS is not offering in-person CILISAT testing until further notice. If you would like to be tested during this time, please inquire with our partner CITG Canada who offer online ILSAT/CILISAT testing at email@example.com.
Stay safe and well!
Please see our latest promotions below:
April Special Offers – Online Training Programs
Save 20% off ALL Online Language Training Programs – April 15 to May 15
Online Translator Training Program (OTTP) (90 PDUs):
Save 10% off ANY Continued Competence Course (with the purchase of OLIT or OTTP)
Offer Valid until May 4
- Cardiovascular Disease Training (6 PDUs)
- Interpreting for LGBTQIA Newcomers (2 PDUs)
- Anti-Oppression Training (2 PDUs)
- Interpreting for Survivors of Human Trafficking (2 PDUs)
- Interpreting for Survivors of Sexual Violence (2 PDUs)
- Mental Health & Autism (2 PDUs)
- Managing a Translation Business (12 PDUs)
- Introduction to Localization (4 PDUs)
- Introduction to Transcription (3 PDUs)
- Introduction to AVT-Subtitling (5 PDUs)
- Introduction to Advertising Translation (4 PDUs)
- Introduction to Technical and Scientific Translation (3 PDUs)
- Introduction to Business Translation (3 PDUs)
- Introduction to Financial Translation (4 PDUs)
If you would like more information on our Training Programs, please sign up for our online Information Session in April.